Registered charities in England and Wales
Data for financial year ending 31 March 2019
Cardiff Third Sector Council (C3sc)
- Cardiff Third Sector Council, Baltic House, Mount Stuart Square, Caerdydd, CF10 5FH
Aims & activities
Provision of advice and support to voluntary organisations in the Cardiff area.
What the charity does
- Economic/community development/employment
Who the charity helps
- Other charities or voluntary bodies
How the charity works
- Provides advocacy/advice/information
Income and Endowments:
Assets and liabilities
- £1.9K Own use assets
- £0.0K Long term investments
- £0.0K Defined benefit pension scheme asset or liability
- £542.1K Other assets
- £62.6K Total liabilities
Charitable spending ratios
Ratios have to be put in context. They should be read in conjunction with the charity’s financial statements on which they’re based if they are to be interpreted correctly and sound conclusions drawn. For example the accounting rules affect what can be classed as income or expenditure. Where a charity which purchases land to further its objects the accounting rules do not permit including the purchase cost as charitable spending in its accounts. Instead it is ‘capitalised’ and shown on the balance sheet. Similarly a charity that receives an endowment it can’t spend may have a lower percentage of charitable spending as a proportion of income in the year of receipt as compared to the previous year as a result. Ratios may also be affected by the way a charity operates. For example, a charity which primarily generates income from investments may have lower cost of raising funds than one which employs fundraisers. A grant-making charity funding other charities to undertake an activity will have much lower staffing costs compared to a charity employing staff to perform that activity.
Charitable spending (including governance costs) as a percentage of income and endowments received by the charity in the reporting period. Does not include planned future spending.
Costs incurred in generating income as a proportion of total income and endowments received in the reporting period. May include spending to secure future funding.
The percentage of the charity’s total income retained for future use.
Accounts and trustees' annual report
(1) TO PROMOTE ANY CHARITABLE PURPOSES FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE PUBLIC PRINCIPALLY BUT NOT EXCLUSIVELY IN THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF CARDIFF CITY AND COUNTY AND ITS ENVIRONS (HEREINAFTER CALLED THE "AREA OF BENEFIT") AND, IN PARTICULAR, BUILD THE CAPACITY OF THIRD SECTOR ORGANISATIONS AND PROVIDE THEM WITH THE NECESSARY SUPPORT, INFORMATION AND SERVICES TO ENABLE THEM TO PURSUE OR CONTRIBUTE TO ANY CHARITABLE PURPOSE. (2) TO PROMOTE, ORGANISE AND FACILITATE CO-OPERATION AND PARTNERSHIP WORKING BETWEEN THIRD SECTOR, STATUTORY AND OTHER RELEVANT BODIES IN THE ACHIEVEMENT OF THE ABOVE PURPOSES WITHIN THE AREA OF BENEFIT.
Governing documentMEMORANDUM AND ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION INCORPORATED ON 19 MARCH 1997. AS AMENDED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTION 4 MARCH 1998, AS AMENDED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTION 19 JANUARY 2011 AND REGISTERED AT COMPANIES HOUSE ON 9 FEBRUARY 2011. as amended on 26 Sep 2019
Area of benefit
Safeguarding vulnerable beneficiaries
Conflicts of interest
Land And Property
This charity owns and/or leases land or property.
- 8 Trustees
- 13 Employees
- 2 Volunteers
|Trustee||Other trusteeships||Charity status|
|Martin Warren||None on record|
|Terry Price||None on record|
|Judith John||None on record|
|Althea Genither Collymore||None on record|
|Anthony Thomas||None on record|
|Ginger Wiegand||None on record|
|Paul Keeping||None on record|
|Mohammed Field||None on record|
Areas of operation
List of regions