Registered charities in England and Wales
Data for financial year ending 31 March 2018
Bristol Aero Collection Trust
- Aerospace Bristol, Hayes Way, Patchway, Bristol, BS34 5BZ
Aims & activities
Operation of a Museum available to the public for the acquisition, preservation, restoration and display of the products of the Bristol aviation manufacturing organisations and their related artefacts. Provision of a research facility of exhibits and related documentation available to the public. Operation of the Concorde at Filton public attraction for hosting visitors to Concorde 216.
What the charity does
Who the charity helps
- The general public/mankind
How the charity works
- Other charitable activities
Income and Endowments:
Assets and liabilities
- £16.7M Own use assets
- £0.0K Long term investments
- £0.0K Defined benefit pension scheme asset or liability
- £865.8K Other assets
- £3.0M Total liabilities
Raises funds from the Public
This charity has one or more trading subsidiaries
Recognised by HMRC for gift aid
Charitable spending ratios
Ratios have to be put in context. They should be read in conjunction with the charity’s financial statements on which they’re based if they are to be interpreted correctly and sound conclusions drawn. For example the accounting rules affect what can be classed as income or expenditure. Where a charity which purchases land to further its objects the accounting rules do not permit including the purchase cost as charitable spending in its accounts. Instead it is ‘capitalised’ and shown on the balance sheet. Similarly a charity that receives an endowment it can’t spend may have a lower percentage of charitable spending as a proportion of income in the year of receipt as compared to the previous year as a result. Ratios may also be affected by the way a charity operates. For example, a charity which primarily generates income from investments may have lower cost of raising funds than one which employs fundraisers. A grant-making charity funding other charities to undertake an activity will have much lower staffing costs compared to a charity employing staff to perform that activity.
Charitable spending (including governance costs) as a percentage of income and endowments received by the charity in the reporting period. Does not include planned future spending.
Costs incurred in generating income as a proportion of total income and endowments received in the reporting period. May include spending to secure future funding.
The percentage of the charity’s total income retained for future use.
Accounts and trustees' annual report
1) TO ADVANCE PUBLIC EDUCATION IN ALL MATTERS CONCERNING AIRCRAFT AND THE AIRCRAFT AND AEROSPACE INDUSTRIES, IN PARTICULAR BY THE PROVISION OF A MUSEUM FOR THE PUBLIC DISPLAY, RESTORATION AND CONSERVATION OF AIRCRAFT, FLYING BOATS, MISSLES, ROCKETS, SATELLITES, OTHER FLYING AERIAL OR SPACE DEVICES OR MACHINES AND THE COMPONENT PARTS OF THEM AND DRAWINGS OR PICTURES AND OTHER PRODUCTS OF, OR RELATING TO THE AIRCRAFT AND AEROSPACE INDUSTRIES; AND 2) TO PROMOTE OR UNDERTAKE RESEARCH INTO THE HISTORY OF AIRCRAFT DESIGN MANUFACTURE AND OPERATION INCLUDING THE HISTORY OF THE PERSONS AND COMPANIES INVOLVED IN THESE ACTIVITIES AND TO PUBLISH AND DISSEMINATE THE USEFUL ACTIVITIES AND TO PUBLISH AND DISSEMINATE THE USEFUL RESULTS OF THAT RESEARCH.
Governing documentMEMORANDUM AND ARTICLES INCORPORATED 19/02/1992 AS AMENDED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTION(S) DATED 14/09/2012 AS AMENDED BY CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION ON CHANGE OF NAME DATED 25/09/2012 as amended on 18 May 2018
Safeguarding vulnerable beneficiaries
Conflicts of interest
Land And Property
This charity owns and/or leases land or property.
- 12 Trustees
- 33 Employees
- 120 Volunteers
|Trustee||Other trusteeships||Charity status|
|Group Captain John Duncan Heron Obe||None on record|
|David James Perry||None on record|
|Iain Gray (Chair)||None on record|
|Peter Richard Coombs||None on record|
|Kate Anthony Wilkinson||None on record|
|Lloyd Charles Burnell||None on record|
|Howard Mason||None on record|
|Andrew Duncan Mc Callam Gregg||None on record|
|Christopher James Ware||None on record|
|Roger Smart||None on record|
|Paul Craig||None on record|
|Dr Lisa Clare Brodie||None on record|
Areas of operation
List of regions
- Throughout England And Wales