Registered charities in England and Wales
Data for financial year ending 31 October 2017
Vulcan To The Sky Trust
- Vulcan To The Sky Trust, Hanger 3, Fourth Avenue, Doncaster Sheffield Airport, Doncaster, DN9 3GE
Aims & activities
Honouring the Past, Inspiring the Future - To preserve Avro Vulcan XH558 and return other aircraft and engineering artefacts of significant heritage interest to working order and to demonstrate them.To advance the inspiration and education of the public in aviation and engineering heritage and technical knowledge by providing access to engineering demonstrations and other practical activities.
What the charity does
- General charitable purposes
Who the charity helps
- Children/young people
- People with disabilities
- The general public/mankind
How the charity works
- Makes grants to organisations
- Provides services
- Provides advocacy/advice/information
- Acts as an umbrella or resource body
Income and Endowments:
Assets and liabilities
- £819.5K Own use assets
- £0.0K Long term investments
- £0.0K Defined benefit pension scheme asset or liability
- £382.2K Other assets
- £179.6K Total liabilities
Raises funds from the Public
This charity has one or more trading subsidiaries
Recognised by HMRC for gift aid
Charitable spending ratios
Ratios have to be put in context. They should be read in conjunction with the charity’s financial statements on which they’re based if they are to be interpreted correctly and sound conclusions drawn. For example the accounting rules affect what can be classed as income or expenditure. Where a charity which purchases land to further its objects the accounting rules do not permit including the purchase cost as charitable spending in its accounts. Instead it is ‘capitalised’ and shown on the balance sheet. Similarly a charity that receives an endowment it can’t spend may have a lower percentage of charitable spending as a proportion of income in the year of receipt as compared to the previous year as a result. Ratios may also be affected by the way a charity operates. For example, a charity which primarily generates income from investments may have lower cost of raising funds than one which employs fundraisers. A grant-making charity funding other charities to undertake an activity will have much lower staffing costs compared to a charity employing staff to perform that activity.
Charitable spending (including governance costs) as a percentage of the group’s total income available for charitable activities.
The charity group’s total income adjusted for the trading subsidiaries costs of income generation and other costs to give the percentage available to the parent for charitable spending.
The percentage of the charity’s total income retained for future use.
Accounts and trustees' annual report
(1) TO PRESERVE AND PROTECT AVRO VULCAN XH558 AND RETURN HER TO FULL WORKING ORDER FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE PUBLIC AND TO DEMONSTRATE AND DISPLAY HER TO THE PUBLIC AND TO CONSERVE AND RETURN TO FULL WORKING ORDER OTHER AIRCRAFT AND ENGINEERING ARTEFACTS IN GENERAL WHICH ARE OF SIGNIFICANT HERITAGE INTEREST AND TO MAINTAIN SUCH IN A PURPOSE-BUILT FACILITY. (2) TO ADVANCE THE EDUCATION OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC IN AVRO VULCAN XH558, IN AVIATION AND ENGINEERING HERITAGE, IN ITS ASSOCIATED PROVENANCE, HISTORICAL AND SOCIAL CONTEXT AND IN THE STRATEGY OF DETERRENCE, FOR THE BENEFIT OF BRITISH HERITAGE, AND HISTORICAL KNOWLEDGE. (3) TO ADVANCE EDUCATION OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC IN AVRO VULCAN XH588 AND OTHER AIRCRAFT AND ENGINEERING ARTEFACTS IN GENERAL OF SIGNIFICANT HERITAGE INTEREST, IN THEIR DESIGN, ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGIES, OPERATIONAL AND MAINTENANCE PROCESSES AND PROCEDURES; FOR THE BENEFIT OF BRITISH HERITAGE, AND TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND CONSERVATION, BY PROVIDING ACCESS TO ENGINEERING DEMONSTRATIONS AND PRACTICAL ACTIVITIES.
Governing documentMEMORANDUM AND ARTICLES INCORPORATED 05/07/2002 AS AMENDED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTION REGISTERED AT COMPANIES HOUSE ON 16/05/2014 as amended on 24 Jul 2018
Area of benefit
Vulcan To The Sky
Safeguarding vulnerable beneficiaries
Conflicts of interest
Land And Property
This charity owns and/or leases land or property. Some or all of this land or property must be used for the charity’s purposes.
- 8 Trustees
- 16 Employees
- 30 Volunteers
|Trustee||Other trusteeships||Charity status|
|Mr Ken Smart Cbe||None on record|
|Sir Donald Spiers Kcb Fraes||None on record|
|John Nicholas Sharman (Chair)||None on record|
|Sir Gerald Howarth Mp||None on record|
|Dr Stephen Liddle Ceng Mraes||None on record|
|Richard Clarke||Leicester, Leicestershire And Rutland Neighbourhood Watch Association||Up-to-date|
|Air Commodore Thomas Edward Lawson Jarron||None on record|
|Philip Spiers||None on record|
Areas of operation
List of regions
- Throughout England And Wales