Registered charities in England and Wales
Data for financial year ending 31 March 2018
Derwent Riverside Project
- 19 St. Nicholas Street, Norton, Malton, YO17 9AQ
Aims & activities
The charity has created a public park on a piece of derelict land in the market town of Malton. It is now open to the public daily, is used for public/community events, open air theatre & music and educational activities.
What the charity does
- Economic/community development/employment
Who the charity helps
- Children/young people
- Elderly/old people
- People with disabilities
- Other charities or voluntary bodies
- The general public/mankind
How the charity works
- Provides buildings/facilities/open space
1) TO PROMOTE FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE PUBLIC THE CONSERVATION, PROTECTION AND ENHANCEMENT OF THE TOWNS OF MALTON AND NORTON, PARTICULARLY BUT NOT EXCLUSIVELY THE RIVERSIDE AND THE SURROUNDING AREA, AND TO ADVANCE THE EDUCATION OF THE PUBLIC IN THE HISTORY AND CULTURAL HERITAGE OF THE AREA, AND TO ADVANCE THE EDUCATION OF THE PUBLIC IN THE HISTORY AND CULTURAL HERITAGE OF THE AREA. 2) TO PRESERVE, PROTECT AND IMPROVE FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE PUBLIC THE CASTLE GARDEN AS A PUBLIC PARK, A PLACE OF HISTORIC INTEREST AND BEAUTY AND FOR THE RECREATION AND ENJOYMENT OF MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC.
Governing documentCONSTITUTION ADOPTED 23 APRIL 2002, AS AMENDED 16 NOVEMBER 2004.
Area of benefit
Malton And Norton, Particularly But Not Exclusively The Riverside And The Surrounding Area
Land And Property
This charity owns and/or leases land or property.
- 3 Trustees
- 0 Volunteers
Areas of operation
List of regions
- North Yorkshire