Registered charities in England and Wales
Data for financial year ending 31 August 2017
The Royal School Haslemere
- The Royal School, Farnham Lane, Haslemere, GU27 1HQ
Aims & activities
Providing high quality, well resourced and challenging education for girls and boys from early years through to sixth form (following the diamond model).
What the charity does
Who the charity helps
- Children/young people
How the charity works
- Provides human resources
- Provides buildings/facilities/open space
- Provides services
Income and Endowments:
* £-0.4K investment gains(losses)
Assets and liabilities
- £8.2M Own use assets
- £181.4K Long term investments
- £0.0K Defined benefit pension scheme asset or liability
- £836.4K Other assets
- £4.4M Total liabilities
Recognised by HMRC for gift aid
Charitable spending ratios
Ratios have to be put in context. They should be read in conjunction with the charity’s financial statements on which they’re based if they are to be interpreted correctly and sound conclusions drawn. For example the accounting rules affect what can be classed as income or expenditure. Where a charity which purchases land to further its objects the accounting rules do not permit including the purchase cost as charitable spending in its accounts. Instead it is ‘capitalised’ and shown on the balance sheet. Similarly a charity that receives an endowment it can’t spend may have a lower percentage of charitable spending as a proportion of income in the year of receipt as compared to the previous year as a result. Ratios may also be affected by the way a charity operates. For example, a charity which primarily generates income from investments may have lower cost of raising funds than one which employs fundraisers. A grant-making charity funding other charities to undertake an activity will have much lower staffing costs compared to a charity employing staff to perform that activity.
Charitable spending (including governance costs) as a percentage of income and endowments received by the charity in the reporting period. Does not include planned future spending.
Costs incurred in generating income as a proportion of total income and endowments received in the reporting period. May include spending to secure future funding.
The percentage of the charity’s total income retained for future use.
Accounts and trustees' annual report
3. OBJECTS THE COMPANY IS ESTABLISHED: 3.1 TO PROVIDE AND MAINTAIN A BOARDING SCHOOL ("THE SCHOOL") FOR THE CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN OF SERVING AND FORMER MEMBERS OF THE ROYAL NAVY AND ROYAL MARINES WHO ARE IN NEED OF FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AND SUBJECT THERETO; 3.2 TO ADMIT TO THE SCHOOL AT ANY TIME WHEN VACANCIES EXIST AT THE SCHOOL WHICH CANNOT BE FILLED BY CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN AS AFORESAID, BOYS AND GIRLS NOT QUALIFIED PROVIDED THAT IN DOING SO THE GOVERNORS OF THE SCHOOL ("THE GOVERNORS") MAY EXERCISE A PREFERENCE IN FAVOUR OF THE CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN OF SERVING AND FORMER MEMBERS OF THE ROYAL NAVY AND ANY OTHER BRANCH OF HER MAJESTY'S ARMED FORCES; AND 3.3 TO PROMOTE THE EDUCATION OF ANY BOYS AND GIRLS THAT THE GOVERNORS ADMIT TO THE SCHOOL IN ANY OTHER WAY.
Governing documentMEMORANDUM AND ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION INCORPORATED 11 JANUARY 2007.
Area of benefit
Not Defined. In Practice: The Aob Is National And Overseas.
Ofsted (Office For Standards In Education)
Safeguarding vulnerable beneficiaries
Conflicts of interest
Land And Property
This charity owns and/or leases land or property. Some or all of this land or property must be used for the charity’s purposes.
- 11 Trustees
- 205 Employees
- 0 Volunteers
|Trustee||Other trusteeships||Charity status|
|Lady Amanda Charlotte Haddon-Cave Llb||None on record|
|Stephanie Pattenden||Dunottar School Foundation Limited||Up-to-date|
|Ian Fraser Robert Much (Chair)||None on record|
|Alison Margaret Titchmarsh||None on record|
|Christopher William Sprague||None on record|
|Robert Justin Manley-Cooper||Anthony Smith||Up-to-date|
|Peter James Gordon Young||None on record|
|Dr Annalisa Claire Alexander||None on record|
|Charles Scott||None on record|
|Susan Pepper||None on record|
|Venerable Ian Wheatley||None on record|
Areas of operation
List of regions