Registered charities in England and Wales
Data for financial year ending 30 June 2018
Richard Reeve's Foundation
- 6 Trull Farm Buildings, Trull, Tetbury, GL8 8SQ
Aims & activities
The Foundation seeks to fulfil its charitable objects by making grants to a small number of partner organisations to deliver benefits to people in our area of benefit through projects that maximise value for our beneficiaries through education and training. Projects are usually funded for up to three years so as to increase their effectiveness and impact.
What the charity does
- The prevention or relief of poverty
Who the charity helps
- Children/young people
How the charity works
- Makes grants to individuals
- Makes grants to organisations
Income and Endowments:
* £1.1M investment gains(losses)
Assets and liabilities
- £0.0K Own use assets
- £44.9M Long term investments
- £0.0K Defined benefit pension scheme asset or liability
- £1.9M Other assets
- £148.4K Total liabilities
Charitable spending ratios
Ratios have to be put in context. They should be read in conjunction with the charity’s financial statements on which they’re based if they are to be interpreted correctly and sound conclusions drawn. For example the accounting rules affect what can be classed as income or expenditure. Where a charity which purchases land to further its objects the accounting rules do not permit including the purchase cost as charitable spending in its accounts. Instead it is ‘capitalised’ and shown on the balance sheet. Similarly a charity that receives an endowment it can’t spend may have a lower percentage of charitable spending as a proportion of income in the year of receipt as compared to the previous year as a result. Ratios may also be affected by the way a charity operates. For example, a charity which primarily generates income from investments may have lower cost of raising funds than one which employs fundraisers. A grant-making charity funding other charities to undertake an activity will have much lower staffing costs compared to a charity employing staff to perform that activity.
Charitable spending (including governance costs) as a percentage of the group’s total income available for charitable activities.
The charity group’s total income adjusted for the trading subsidiaries costs of income generation and other costs to give the percentage available to the parent for charitable spending.
The percentage of the charity’s total income retained for future use.
Accounts and trustees' annual report
3. THE OBJECTS FOR WHICH THE FOUNDATION IS ESTABLISHED ARE TO ADVANCE OR ASSIST IN THE EDUCATION OR CARE OF BENEFICIARIES, EITHER INDIVIDUALLY OR COLLECTIVELY, IN PARTICULAR (BUT NOT EXCLUSIVELY) BY: 3.1 AWARDING TO BENEFICIARIES EXHIBITIONS, BURSARIES, GRANTS AND MAINTENANCE ALLOWANCES TENABLE TO ANY SCHOOL, UNIVERSITY, COLLEGE OF EDUCATION OR OTHER INSTITUTION OF FURTHER (INCLUDING PROFESSIONAL AND TECHNICAL) EDUCATION APPROVED FOR THE PURPOSE BY THE GOVERNORS; 3.2 ASSISTING BENEFICIARIES TO TRAIN OR EQUIP THEMSELVES FOR A TRADE, PROFESSION, SERVICE OR OTHER OCCUPATION WHEREBY THEY MAY SUPPORT THEMSELVES; 3.3 PROVIDING OR ASSISTING IN THE PROVISION OF FACILITIES FOR EDUCATION, LEISURE-TIME ACTIVITIES, HELP OR TRAINING FOR BENEFICIARIES; 3.4 PROVIDING CARE, HELP OR TRAINING FOR BENEFICIARIES WHO ARE DELINQUENT, DEPRIVED OR IN MORAL DANGER; 3.5 ASSISTING ANY SCHOOL, COLLEGE OR OTHER EDUCATIONAL ESTABLISHMENT ATTENDED BY BENEFICIARIES WHICH IS CONDUCTED BY A CHARITY OR IS WHOLLY OR PARTIALLY SUPPORTED FROM PUBLIC FUNDS; 3.6 ASSISTING OTHER CHARITIES OR VOLUNTARY ORGANISATIONS WHICH PROVIDE OR WHICH UNDERTAKE IN RETURN TO PROVIDE FACILITIES FOR EDUCATION, CARE, HELP OR TRAINING FOR BENEFICIARIES.
Governing documentMEMORANDUM AND ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION INCORPORATED 17 APRIL 2010 as amended on 20 Jun 2018
Area of benefit
City Of London And The London Boroughs Of Islington And Camden
Conflicts of interest
Land And Property
This charity owns and/or leases land or property.
- 12 Trustees
- 1 Employees
- 0 Volunteers
|Trustee||Other trusteeships||Charity status|
|Michael Bennett||None on record|
|Michael Hudson||Alderman Samuel Wilson Fund||Out-of-date|
|Julia Mary Parkinson Charitable Trust||Up-to-date|
|The Castle Baynard Educational Foundation||Out-of-date|
|Mark Terence Jessett||None on record|
|Shannon Farrington||None on record|
|Gerald Charles Rothwell||Cheviot Asset Management Charitable Trust||Out-of-date|
|The Douglas Heath Eves Charitable Trust||Up-to-date|
|Rev David Lenox Ingall||The City Chapter And Percy Trentham Charity||Up-to-date|
|The Parochial Church Council Of The Ecclesiastical Parish Of St. Sepulchre Without Newgate||Up-to-date|
|Lorna Jane Russell||The Sidings Community Centre||Up-to-date|
|Jo Emmerson||None on record|
|Dr Sotonye Odugbemi||None on record|
|Alistair Wilson||None on record|
|Cllr. Vivien Cutler||None on record|
|Elizabeth Gallagher||None on record|
Areas of operation
List of regions
- City Of London