Registered charities in England and Wales
Data for financial year ending 30 September 2019
The Dartmouth Trust
- 3A The Quay, Dartmouth, TQ6 9PS
Aims & activities
The Dartmouth Trust is the custodian of a permanent endowment. Its task is to manage its investment portfolio for the benefit of the 3 named charities. This requires the charity to invest efficiently and commercially, producing a stable and if possible growing income for the beneficiaries. The endowment is invested in a mix of commercial and residential property and financial investments.
What the charity does
- Other charitable purposes
Who the charity helps
- Other charities or voluntary bodies
How the charity works
- Acts as an umbrella or resource body
Income and Endowments:
* £24.7K investment gains(losses)
Assets and liabilities
- £57.2K Own use assets
- £12.3M Long term investments
- £0.0K Defined benefit pension scheme asset or liability
- £563.7K Other assets
- £651.8K Total liabilities
Charitable spending ratios
Ratios have to be put in context. They should be read in conjunction with the charity’s financial statements on which they’re based if they are to be interpreted correctly and sound conclusions drawn. For example the accounting rules affect what can be classed as income or expenditure. Where a charity which purchases land to further its objects the accounting rules do not permit including the purchase cost as charitable spending in its accounts. Instead it is ‘capitalised’ and shown on the balance sheet. Similarly a charity that receives an endowment it can’t spend may have a lower percentage of charitable spending as a proportion of income in the year of receipt as compared to the previous year as a result. Ratios may also be affected by the way a charity operates. For example, a charity which primarily generates income from investments may have lower cost of raising funds than one which employs fundraisers. A grant-making charity funding other charities to undertake an activity will have much lower staffing costs compared to a charity employing staff to perform that activity.
Charitable spending (including governance costs) as a percentage of income and endowments received by the charity in the reporting period. Does not include planned future spending.
Costs incurred in generating income as a proportion of total income and endowments received in the reporting period. May include spending to secure future funding.
The percentage of the charity’s total income retained for future use.
Accounts and trustees' annual report
(1) ONE HALF OF THE INCOME TO THE TRUSTEES OF THE DARTMOUTH UNITED CHARITIES FOR APPLICATION BY THE LAST-MENTIONED TRUSTEES FOR THE PURPOSES OF THE LAST-MENTIONED CHARITIES. (2) ONE THIRD OF THE INCOME TO THE TRUSTEES OF THE ECCLESIASTICAL CHARITY FOR APPLICATION BY THE LAST-MENTIONED TRUSTEES TOWARDS THE REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE OF THE CHURCH OF ST. SAVIOUR, DARTMOUTH. (3) THE TRUSTEES SHALL APPLY THE REMAINING ONE SIXTH OF THE SAID INCOME TO THE TRUSTEES OF THE PUBLIC PURPOSES CHARITY FOR APPLICATION BY THE TRUSTEES FOR CHARITABLE PURPOSES FOR THE GENERAL BENEFIT OF THE INHABITANTS OF DARTMOUTH AS THE TRUSTEE THINK FIT.
Governing documentSCHEME DATED 28/03/1988 AS AMENDED BY RESOLUTION DATED 09/04/2014
Area of benefit
Conflicts of interest
Land And Property
This charity owns and/or leases land or property.
- 10 Trustees
- 3 Employees
- 0 Volunteers
|Trustee||Other trusteeships||Charity status|
|Rev'd Will Hazlewood||Church Lands||Up-to-date|
|Church Lands For The Church Of Townstal St Clement||Up-to-date|
|Dartmouth United Charities||Up-to-date|
|The Exeter Diocesan Board Of Finance||Up-to-date|
|The Parochial Church Council Of The Ecclesiastical Parish Of Dartmouth||Up-to-date|
|David Michael Gent||Dartmouth Swimming Pool Company Limited||Up-to-date|
|Saint Petrox Trust Lands||Up-to-date|
|Robin Springett||Dartmouth United Charities||Up-to-date|
|Saint Petrox Trust Lands||Up-to-date|
|Dr John Morgan Ellwood Ma, Phd||None on record|
|Betty Fleet||Dartmouth Homeless Trust||Up-to-date|
|David Nicholas Flowerday||None on record|
|Howard O'keeffe||None on record|
|Andrew Jarrold||None on record|
|Jonathan Sutton-Scott-Tucker||None on record|
|Richard Goodall||None on record|
Areas of operation
List of regions