Registered charities in England and Wales
Data for financial year ending 31 March 2019
Northumberland Wildlife Trust Limited
- Northumberland Wildlife Trust Ltd, The Garden House, St. Nicholas Park, Jubilee Road, Gosforth, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE3 3XT
Aims & activities
The Trust's mission is to conserve local wildlife, promote nature conservation and provide the means by which everyone can become involved. It achieves this by providing advice on wildlife issues, undertaking species and habitat conservation and managing nature reserves, as well as a range of activities aimed at making people more aware of, and engaged in, the conservation message.
What the charity does
Who the charity helps
- The general public/mankind
How the charity works
- Provides buildings/facilities/open space
- Provides advocacy/advice/information
Income and Endowments:
Assets and liabilities
- £4.6M Own use assets
- £0.0K Long term investments
- £0.0K Defined benefit pension scheme asset or liability
- £1.3M Other assets
- £434.5K Total liabilities
Raises funds from the Public
This charity has one or more trading subsidiaries
Recognised by HMRC for gift aid
Charitable spending ratios
Ratios have to be put in context. They should be read in conjunction with the charity’s financial statements on which they’re based if they are to be interpreted correctly and sound conclusions drawn. For example the accounting rules affect what can be classed as income or expenditure. Where a charity which purchases land to further its objects the accounting rules do not permit including the purchase cost as charitable spending in its accounts. Instead it is ‘capitalised’ and shown on the balance sheet. Similarly a charity that receives an endowment it can’t spend may have a lower percentage of charitable spending as a proportion of income in the year of receipt as compared to the previous year as a result. Ratios may also be affected by the way a charity operates. For example, a charity which primarily generates income from investments may have lower cost of raising funds than one which employs fundraisers. A grant-making charity funding other charities to undertake an activity will have much lower staffing costs compared to a charity employing staff to perform that activity.
Charitable spending (including governance costs) as a percentage of the group’s total income available for charitable activities.
The charity group’s total income adjusted for the trading subsidiaries costs of income generation and other costs to give the percentage available to the parent for charitable spending.
The percentage of the charity’s total income retained for future use.
Accounts and trustees' annual report
independent examiner has
qualified these accounts
(1) FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE PUBLIC, TO ADVANCE, PROMOTE AND FURTHER (PRIMARILY BUT NOT EXCLUSIVELY WITHIN THE COUNTY OF NORTHUMBERLAND, CITY OF NEWCASTLE AND BOROUGH OF NORTH TYNESIDE OR OTHER SUCH DESIGNATION AS MAY BE GIVEN TO THOSE AREAS) THE CONSERVATION MAINTENANCE AND PROTECTION OF (A) WILDLIFE AND ITS HABITATS (B) PLACES OF NATURAL BEAUTY (C) PLACES & OBJECTS OF ZOOLOGICAL, BOTANICAL, ECOLOGICAL, GEOGRAPHICAL, ARCHAEOLOGICAL, HISTORICAL OR SCIENTIFIC INTEREST (D) FEATURES OF LANDSCAPE WITH GEOLOGICAL, PHYSIOGRAPHICAL OR AMENITY VALUE, IN PARTICULAR, BUT NOT EXCLUSIVELY, IN WAYS THAT FURTHER BIODIVERSITY. (2) TO ADVANCE THE EDUCATION OF THE PUBLIC IN (A) THE PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICE OF SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT (B) THE PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICE OF BIODIVERSITY CONSERVATION. (3) TO PROMOTE RESEARCH IN ALL BRANCHES OF NATURE STUDY AND TO PUBLISH THE USEFUL RESULTS THEREOF.
Governing documentMEMORANDUM AND ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION INCORPORATED 13 MARCH 1962 (MODEL) AS AMENDED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTIONS DATED 10 DECEMBER 1970, 31 MARCH 1971, 18 MAY 2002 AND 19TH MAY 2007. AS AMENDED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTION(S) DATED 16 SEP 2017
Area of benefit
Northumberland, North Tyneside And City Of Newcastle Upon Tyne.
Safeguarding vulnerable beneficiaries
Conflicts of interest
Land And Property
This charity owns and/or leases land or property.
- 12 Trustees
- 37 Employees
- 1,084 Volunteers
|Trustee||Other trusteeships||Charity status|
|Ian Hamilton Armstrong||None on record|
|Derek Coates||None on record|
|James Graham Simpson Gill||None on record|
|Michael Jeffries||None on record|
|Mr I Jackson||Kielder Water And Forest Park Development Trust||Up-to-date|
|Northumberland National Park Foundation||Up-to-date|
|Thomas Lloyd||None on record|
|Ailsa Katharine Hobson||None on record|
|Karen Statham||None on record|
|Patricia Cresswell||Urban Green Newcastle||Recently registered|
|Trai Anfield||None on record|
|Eveline Brunton||None on record|
|Nigel Porter||None on record|
Areas of operation
List of regions
- Newcastle Upon Tyne City
- North Tyneside