Registered charities in England and Wales
Data for financial year ending 31 December 2017
Agape Ministries Ltd
- Agape, 167 Newhall Street, Birmingham, B3 1SW
Aims & activities
Presenting the Gospel in word and action on campuses, in the workplace the community and around the world. Developing products and resources to aid our workers, partners and volunteers. Developing strategic partnerships with churches and other organisations. Contributing to Global Aid Network to provide Humanitarian Aid in the Developing World.
What the charity does
- Overseas aid/famine relief
- Religious activities
Who the charity helps
- The general public/mankind
How the charity works
- Provides human resources
Income and Endowments:
* £3.5K investment gains(losses)
Assets and liabilities
- £762.0K Own use assets
- £0.0K Long term investments
- £0.0K Defined benefit pension scheme asset or liability
- £1.0M Other assets
- £102.4K Total liabilities
Raises funds from the Public
Recognised by HMRC for gift aid
Charitable spending ratios
Ratios have to be put in context. They should be read in conjunction with the charity’s financial statements on which they’re based if they are to be interpreted correctly and sound conclusions drawn. For example the accounting rules affect what can be classed as income or expenditure. Where a charity which purchases land to further its objects the accounting rules do not permit including the purchase cost as charitable spending in its accounts. Instead it is ‘capitalised’ and shown on the balance sheet. Similarly a charity that receives an endowment it can’t spend may have a lower percentage of charitable spending as a proportion of income in the year of receipt as compared to the previous year as a result. Ratios may also be affected by the way a charity operates. For example, a charity which primarily generates income from investments may have lower cost of raising funds than one which employs fundraisers. A grant-making charity funding other charities to undertake an activity will have much lower staffing costs compared to a charity employing staff to perform that activity.
Charitable spending (including governance costs) as a percentage of income and endowments received by the charity in the reporting period. Does not include planned future spending.
Costs incurred in generating income as a proportion of total income and endowments received in the reporting period. May include spending to secure future funding.
The percentage of the charity’s total income retained for future use.
Accounts and trustees' annual report
(1) TO TRANSMIT, PROPAGATE AND COMMUNICATE THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST TO STUDENTS AND OTHERS AT UNIVERSITIES COLLEGES SCHOOLS AND OTHER ACADEMIC INSTITUTIONS AS WELL AS TO THE PUBLIC AT LARGE. (2) TO HELP THOSE WHO BECOME CHRISTIANS THROUGH RECEIVING THE LORD JESUS TO GROW TOWARD THEM TO REACH OTHERS WITH THE GOSPEL. (3) TO HELP CHRISTIANS TO BECOME ESTABLISHED AS ACTIVE MEMBERS OF LOCAL CHURCHES AND TO WORK CLOSELY WITH CHURCHES OF MANY DENOMINATIONS IN THE WORK OF EVANGELISTIC. (4) TO RELIEVE POVERTY OR DISTRESS IN FURTHERANCE OF THE CHRISTIAN FAITH. (FOR FULL DETAILS SEE CLAUSE 3 OF MEMORANDUM)
Governing documentMEMORANDUM AND ARTICLES INCORPORATED 14/03/1969 AS AMENDED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTION(S) DATED 05/08/1985 AS AMENDED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTION(S) DATED 07/02/1990 AS AMENDED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTION(S) DATED 05/10/1993 AS AMENDED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTION(S) DATED 26/11/2003 AS AMENDED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTION(S) DATED 26/02/2007 AS AMENDED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTION(S) DATED 16/05/2011
Safeguarding vulnerable beneficiaries
Conflicts of interest
Land And Property
This charity owns and/or leases land or property. Some or all of this land or property must be used for the charity’s purposes.
- 5 Trustees
- 103 Employees
- 180 Volunteers
|Trustee||Other trusteeships||Charity status|
|Javier Garcia||None on record|
|Gary Palmer (Chair)||None on record|
|Ian Johnson||None on record|
|Rev Richard Boothroyd||None on record|
|Lisbet Diers||None on record|
Areas of operation
List of regions
- Northern Ireland
- Throughout England And Wales