Registered charities in England and Wales
Data for financial year ending 31 March 2018
- Riverside Trust, 101 Queen Caroline Street, London, W6 9BN
Aims & activities
The principal activity of Riverside Trust is the management and operation of Riverside Studios, an arts and community centre located at 101 Queen Caroline Street, Hammersmith. The new Riverside Studios is due to open in the autumn of 2019. Trustees and staff are currently working with their redevelopment partners planning the new building and raising some additional funding.
What the charity does
Who the charity helps
- Children/young people
- Elderly/old people
- People with disabilities
- The general public/mankind
How the charity works
- Provides buildings/facilities/open space
Income and Endowments:
Assets and liabilities
- £18.2M Own use assets
- £0.0K Long term investments
- £0.0K Defined benefit pension scheme asset or liability
- £1.3M Other assets
- £167.9K Total liabilities
Recognised by HMRC for gift aid
Charitable spending ratios
Ratios have to be put in context. They should be read in conjunction with the charity’s financial statements on which they’re based if they are to be interpreted correctly and sound conclusions drawn. For example the accounting rules affect what can be classed as income or expenditure. Where a charity which purchases land to further its objects the accounting rules do not permit including the purchase cost as charitable spending in its accounts. Instead it is ‘capitalised’ and shown on the balance sheet. Similarly a charity that receives an endowment it can’t spend may have a lower percentage of charitable spending as a proportion of income in the year of receipt as compared to the previous year as a result. Ratios may also be affected by the way a charity operates. For example, a charity which primarily generates income from investments may have lower cost of raising funds than one which employs fundraisers. A grant-making charity funding other charities to undertake an activity will have much lower staffing costs compared to a charity employing staff to perform that activity.
Charitable spending (including governance costs) as a percentage of the group’s total income available for charitable activities.
The charity group’s total income adjusted for the trading subsidiaries costs of income generation and other costs to give the percentage available to the parent for charitable spending.
The percentage of the charity’s total income retained for future use.
Accounts and trustees' annual report
1. THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE EDUCATION OF THE PUBLIC AND IN PARTICULAR OF PERSONS WHO LIVE OR WORK IN THE AREA OF GREATER LONDON IN THE ARTS AND CRAFTS INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING THE ARTS OF DRAMA BALLET MIME DANCE MUSIC SINGING OPERA LITERATURE PAINTING DRAWING SCULPTURE CERAMICS FILM MAKING AND PHOTOGRAPHY IN A LIVE OR DIGITAL FORM AND FOR SUCH PURPOSE TO OPERATE MANAGE AND ADMINISTER THE COMMUNITY ART CENTRE IN THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HAMMERSMITH AND FULHAM KNOWN AS RIVERSIDE STUDIOS. 2. THE PROVISION OF FACILITIES FOR RECREATION AND OTHER LEISURE TIME OCCUPATION FOR THE PUBLIC AND IN PARTICULAR PERSONS WHO LIVE OR WORK IN THE AREA OF GREATER LONDON IF SUCH PROVISION IS IN THE INTERESTS OF THEIR SOCIAL WELFARE WITHIN THE MEANING OF THE RECREATIONAL CHARITIES ACT 1958.
Governing documentMEMORANDUM AND ARTICLES INCORPORATED 10/02/1983 AS AMENDED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTION(S) DATED 16/09/1983 AS AMENDED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTION(S) DATED 04/10/1983 AS AMENDED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTION(S) DATED 14/07/2015 as amended on 20 Aug 2018 as amended on 18 Jan 2016
Area of benefit
Safeguarding vulnerable beneficiaries
Conflicts of interest
- 10 Trustees
- 9 Employees
- 0 Volunteers
|Trustee||Other trusteeships||Charity status|
|Charles Edwin Mawer||None on record|
|Farrukh Dhondy||None on record|
|Dan Large||None on record|
|Greg Smith||None on record|
|Tim Simon||None on record|
|Robin Price (Chair)||Dance Umbrella Limited||Up-to-date|
|Alan Morgan||None on record|
|Timothy Lefroy||None on record|
|John Collin Woodward||None on record|
|Michelle Marks||None on record|
Areas of operation
List of regions
- Throughout London