Registered charities in England and Wales
Data for financial year ending 31 August 2019
Regent's Park College
- Regents Park College, Pusey Street, Oxford, OX1 2LB
Aims & activities
The college aims to provide men and women with higher education in the arts and humanities at undergraduate, graduate and research level as part of a world-class University, and in the context of Christian pastoral care. It provides special opportunities for the study of theology and religion, including preparation for ordained Christian ministry.
What the charity does
- Religious activities
Who the charity helps
- Other charities or voluntary bodies
- Other defined groups
- The general public/mankind
How the charity works
- Provides services
- Sponsors or undertakes research
- Acts as an umbrella or resource body
Income and Endowments:
* £673.5K investment gains(losses)
Assets and liabilities
- £21.2M Own use assets
- £5.8M Long term investments
- £-0.5M Defined benefit pension scheme asset or liability
- £1.2M Other assets
- £745.2K Total liabilities
Raises funds from the Public
This charity has one or more trading subsidiaries
Recognised by HMRC for gift aid
Charitable spending ratios
Ratios have to be put in context. They should be read in conjunction with the charity’s financial statements on which they’re based if they are to be interpreted correctly and sound conclusions drawn. For example the accounting rules affect what can be classed as income or expenditure. Where a charity which purchases land to further its objects the accounting rules do not permit including the purchase cost as charitable spending in its accounts. Instead it is ‘capitalised’ and shown on the balance sheet. Similarly a charity that receives an endowment it can’t spend may have a lower percentage of charitable spending as a proportion of income in the year of receipt as compared to the previous year as a result. Ratios may also be affected by the way a charity operates. For example, a charity which primarily generates income from investments may have lower cost of raising funds than one which employs fundraisers. A grant-making charity funding other charities to undertake an activity will have much lower staffing costs compared to a charity employing staff to perform that activity.
Charitable spending (including governance costs) as a percentage of the group’s total income available for charitable activities.
The charity group’s total income adjusted for the trading subsidiaries costs of income generation and other costs to give the percentage available to the parent for charitable spending.
The percentage of the charity’s total income retained for future use.
Accounts and trustees' annual report
(1) TO ADVANCE EDUCATION FOR THE PUBLIC BENEFIT THROUGH THE PROVISION MAINTENANCE AND SUPPORT OF A PERMANENT PRIVATE HALL LICENSED BY THE UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD OR A COLLEGE OR SOCIETY WITHIN THE UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD OR ELSEWHERE, IN WHICH MEN AND WOMEN MAY: (A) ENGAGE IN STUDY (INCLUDING FOR DEGREES, DIPLOMAS AND CERTIFICATES OF THE UNIVERSITY); (B) STUDY THEOLOGY AND PREPARE FOR THE ORDAINED CHRISTIAN MINISTRY, IN PARTICULAR AMONGST BAPTIST CHURCHES; AND (C) ENGAGE IN RESEARCH. THE COLLEGE, PERMANENT PRIVATE HALL OR SOCIETY SHALL PROVIDE ALL ITS STUDENTS WITH HIGHER EDUCATION IN THE CONTEXT OF A COMMUNITY WHICH OFFERS OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW IN CHRISTIAN FAITH AND SERVICE, AND TO DEVELOP CHRISTIAN THINKING ABOUT ACADEMIC SUBJECTS AND VOCATIONS IN SOCIETY. (2) TO ADVANCE CHRISTIAN FAITH AND EDUCATION ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD BY ENCOURAGING AND SUPPORTING LIFE-LONG CHRISTIAN LEARNING AMONGST MEMBERS OF CHRISTIAN CHURCHES AND IN PARTICULAR AMONG MEMBERS OF BAPTIST CHURCHES.
Governing documentSCHEME DATED 10/08/2011 AS AMENDED ON 23 FEB 2019 AS AMENDED BY SCHEME DATED 19 JUN 2019
Area of benefit
Oxfordshire And National
Safeguarding vulnerable beneficiaries
Conflicts of interest
Land And Property
This charity owns and/or leases land or property.
- 1 Trustees
- 47 Employees
- 41 Volunteers
|Trustee||Other trusteeships||Charity status|
|Regent's Park College||None on record|
Areas of operation
List of regions