Registered charities in England and Wales
Data for financial year ending 31 December 2018
Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust - Uk
- Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust, Les Augres Manor, Trinity, Jersey
Aims & activities
Durrell strives to save the most threatened species in the most threatened places around the world. Biodiversity is essential for human survival and our aim is to ensure we can persist alongside the myriad of plants and animals that inhabit our planet. Our wildlife park, field programmes and academy come together to deliver a unique approach to tackling today's conservation problems.
What the charity does
- Overseas aid/famine relief
- Economic/community development/employment
Who the charity helps
- Other defined groups
- The general public/mankind
How the charity works
- Makes grants to individuals
- Makes grants to organisations
- Provides human resources
- Provides buildings/facilities/open space
- Provides advocacy/advice/information
- Sponsors or undertakes research
- Acts as an umbrella or resource body
Income and Endowments:
Assets and liabilities
- £0.0K Own use assets
- £0.0K Long term investments
- £0.0K Defined benefit pension scheme asset or liability
- £3.0M Other assets
- £18.0K Total liabilities
Raises funds from the Public
Recognised by HMRC for gift aid
Charitable spending ratios
Ratios have to be put in context. They should be read in conjunction with the charity’s financial statements on which they’re based if they are to be interpreted correctly and sound conclusions drawn. For example the accounting rules affect what can be classed as income or expenditure. Where a charity which purchases land to further its objects the accounting rules do not permit including the purchase cost as charitable spending in its accounts. Instead it is ‘capitalised’ and shown on the balance sheet. Similarly a charity that receives an endowment it can’t spend may have a lower percentage of charitable spending as a proportion of income in the year of receipt as compared to the previous year as a result. Ratios may also be affected by the way a charity operates. For example, a charity which primarily generates income from investments may have lower cost of raising funds than one which employs fundraisers. A grant-making charity funding other charities to undertake an activity will have much lower staffing costs compared to a charity employing staff to perform that activity.
Charitable spending (including governance costs) as a percentage of income and endowments received by the charity in the reporting period. Does not include planned future spending.
Costs incurred in generating income as a proportion of total income and endowments received in the reporting period. May include spending to secure future funding.
The percentage of the charity’s total income retained for future use.
Accounts and trustees' annual report
3. OBJECTS THE OBJECTS ARE FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE PUBLIC: 3.1 TO PROMOTE THE CONSERVATION OF WILDLIFE; 3.2 TO ADVANCE RESEARCH, EDUCATION AND TRAINING ABOUT WILDLIFE AND TO DISSEMINATE THE USEFUL RESULTS THEREOF; 3.3 TO ASSIST THE ESTABLISHMENT AND MAINTENANCE OF BREEDING POPULATIONS OF WILDLIFE, IN PARTICULAR (BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION) THOSE ESTABLISHED BY THE DURRELL WILDLIFE CONSERVATION TRUST (BEING THE ASSOCIATION INCORPORATED IN JERSEY UNDER THAT NAME) WHETHER AT ITS HEADQUARTERS IN JERSEY OR ELSEWHERE IN THE WORLD; 4.4 TO ASSIST PROGRAMMES FOR THE CONSERVATION OF WILDLIFE IN ANY PART OF THE WORLD, IN PARTICULAR (BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION) THOSE ESTABLISHED BY THE SAID DURRELL WILDLIFE CONSERVATION TRUST.
Governing documentMEMORANDUM AND ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION INCORPORATED 7 DECEMBER 2007.
Area of benefit
In Any Part Of The World. In Practice: Worldwide.
PoliciesConflicts of interest
- 5 Trustees
- 0 Employees
- 0 Volunteers
|Trustee||Other trusteeships||Charity status|
|Mrs K Gordon||None on record|
|Mr S Dickson||None on record|
|Mr J Persad||None on record|
|John Miskelly||None on record|
|Nicole- Louise Langlois||None on record|
Areas of operation
List of regions
- Antigua And Barbuda
- Cayman Islands
- Dominican Republic
- St Lucia
- Turks And Caicos Islands