Registered charities in England and Wales
Data for financial year ending 31 March 2018
Warwickshire Community And Voluntary Action
- C/O Warwickshire Cava, - Rugby District Office, 19 & 20 North Street, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 2AG
Aims & activities
Support to the Voluntary & Community Sector Organisations through Funding advice and support , Training , Community development , Strong representation under Compact , Group support and development , Community accountancy . Volunteer Centres provide Volunteering recruitment and referrals, Campaigning and promotion, Good practice in Volunteer management , Youth volunteering , Transport projects .
What the charity does
- The advancement of health or saving of lives
- The prevention or relief of poverty
- Economic/community development/employment
Who the charity helps
- Other charities or voluntary bodies
- The general public/mankind
How the charity works
- Provides advocacy/advice/information
- Acts as an umbrella or resource body
Income and Endowments:
* £-0.2K investment gains(losses)
Assets and liabilities
- £366.3K Own use assets
- £16.2K Long term investments
- £0.0K Defined benefit pension scheme asset or liability
- £746.7K Other assets
- £126.7K Total liabilities
Charitable spending ratios
Ratios have to be put in context. They should be read in conjunction with the charity’s financial statements on which they’re based if they are to be interpreted correctly and sound conclusions drawn. For example the accounting rules affect what can be classed as income or expenditure. Where a charity which purchases land to further its objects the accounting rules do not permit including the purchase cost as charitable spending in its accounts. Instead it is ‘capitalised’ and shown on the balance sheet. Similarly a charity that receives an endowment it can’t spend may have a lower percentage of charitable spending as a proportion of income in the year of receipt as compared to the previous year as a result. Ratios may also be affected by the way a charity operates. For example, a charity which primarily generates income from investments may have lower cost of raising funds than one which employs fundraisers. A grant-making charity funding other charities to undertake an activity will have much lower staffing costs compared to a charity employing staff to perform that activity.
Charitable spending (including governance costs) as a percentage of the group’s total income available for charitable activities.
The charity group’s total income adjusted for the trading subsidiaries costs of income generation and other costs to give the percentage available to the parent for charitable spending.
The percentage of the charity’s total income retained for future use.
Accounts and trustees' annual report
3. THE CHARITY'S OBJECTS (THE 'OBJECTS') ARE WITHIN THE MIDLAND AREA AND IN PARTICULAR WITHOUT LIMITATION TO THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING THE BOROUGHS OF NORTH WARWICKSHIRE, RUGBY AND NUNEATON AND BEDWORTH AND THEIR SURROUNDING AREAS, AND THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT DISTRICTS OF WARWICK AND STRATFORD ON AVON AND THEIR SURROUNDING AREAS ("THE AREA OF BENEFIT"") 3.1 TO PROMOTE ALL OR ANY CHARITABLE PURPOSES FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE COMMUNITY WITHIN THE AREA OF BENEFIT AND IN PARTICULAR THE ADVANCEMENT OF EDUCATION, THE FURTHERANCE OF HEALTH AND THE RELIEF OF POVERTY, DISTRESS AND SICKNESS; 3.2 WITHOUT LIMITATION TO THE GENERALITY OF THE FORGOING TO PROVIDE RESOURCES TO INCLUDE NOT BY WAY OF LIMITATION ADVICE, GUIDANCE, MENTORING, TRAINING, SUPERVISION AND SUPPORT TO ORGANISATIONS WITH SIMILAR CHARITABLE OBJECTS IN ORDER TO ASSIST THESE ORGANISATIONS WITH THEIR CHARITABLE WORK; AND 3.3 TO PROMOTE AND ORGANISE CO-OPERATION IN THE ADVANCEMENT OF THESE PURPOSES AND TO BRING TOGETHER IN COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVES OF THE VOLUNTARY ORGANISATIONS, STATUTORY AUTHORITIES AND INDIVIDUALS WITHIN THE AREA OF BENEFIT WITH SEPARATE LOCAL MEMBERS COMMITTEE MEETINGS FOR EACH OF THE BOROUGHS OF NORTH WARWICKSHIRE, RUGBY AND NUNEATON AND BEDWORTH, AND THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT DISTRICTS OF WARWICK AND STRATFORD ON AVON.
Governing documentMEMORANDUM AND ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION INCORPORATED 11 MARCH 2008. AS AMENDED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTION(S) DATED 31 OCT 2016
Area of benefit
The Midlands Area, Particularly The Boroughs Of North Warwickshire, Rugby And Nuneaton And Bedworth, And Lgds Of Warwick And Stratford On Avon And Their Surrounding Areas.
Safeguarding vulnerable beneficiaries
Conflicts of interest
Land And Property
This charity owns and/or leases land or property.
- 9 Trustees
- 56 Employees
- 120 Volunteers
|Trustee||Other trusteeships||Charity status|
|George Anthony Guy||Warwickshire Scout Council||Up-to-date|
|Carole Ann Shuttleworth||None on record|
|Kathleen Elizabeth Harper||None on record|
|Jatinder Singh Birdi||None on record|
|Sheila Anne Hammond||None on record|
|Ralph Philip Robson||Mary Ann Evans Hospice||Up-to-date|
|Andrew Arnold Gabbitas||None on record|
|Dalvinder Purewal||None on record|
|Susan Jane Lodge||None on record|
Areas of operation
List of regions
- Coventry City