Registered charities in England and Wales
Data for financial year ending 31 March 2018
Birmingham Women's And Children's Hospital Charity
- 5 Rowchester Court, Whittall Street, Birmingham, B4 6DH
Aims & activities
We are the official charity for Birmingham Children's Hospital and Birmingham Women's Hospital, raising money to provide extra benefits for patients and their families, including new equipment, education and training, and improving hospital surroundings. We also award grants for research. We are the successor charity to 1074850 and 1089035.
What the charity does
- The advancement of health or saving of lives
Who the charity helps
- Children/young people
- The general public/mankind
How the charity works
- Makes grants to organisations
- Sponsors or undertakes research
Income and Endowments:
* £-65.9K investment gains(losses)
Assets and liabilities
- £0.0K Own use assets
- £12.6M Long term investments
- £0.0K Defined benefit pension scheme asset or liability
- £5.4M Other assets
- £6.7M Total liabilities
Raises funds from the Public
Works with commercial participants with an agreement in place
This charity has one or more trading subsidiaries
Recognised by HMRC for gift aid
Charitable spending ratios
Ratios have to be put in context. They should be read in conjunction with the charity’s financial statements on which they’re based if they are to be interpreted correctly and sound conclusions drawn. For example the accounting rules affect what can be classed as income or expenditure. Where a charity which purchases land to further its objects the accounting rules do not permit including the purchase cost as charitable spending in its accounts. Instead it is ‘capitalised’ and shown on the balance sheet. Similarly a charity that receives an endowment it can’t spend may have a lower percentage of charitable spending as a proportion of income in the year of receipt as compared to the previous year as a result. Ratios may also be affected by the way a charity operates. For example, a charity which primarily generates income from investments may have lower cost of raising funds than one which employs fundraisers. A grant-making charity funding other charities to undertake an activity will have much lower staffing costs compared to a charity employing staff to perform that activity.
Charitable spending (including governance costs) as a percentage of the group’s total income available for charitable activities.
The charity group’s total income adjusted for the trading subsidiaries costs of income generation and other costs to give the percentage available to the parent for charitable spending.
The percentage of the charity’s total income retained for future use.
Accounts and trustees' annual report
3. OBJECTS 3.1 THE OBJECTS OF THE CHARITY ARE, FOR THE PUBLIC BENEFIT: (A) TO FURTHER ANY CHARITABLE PURPOSE OR PURPOSES RELATING TO THE GENERAL OR ANY SPECIFIC PURPOSES OF THE FOUNDATION TRUST OR THE PURPOSES OF THE HEALTH SERVICE; (B) TO PROMOTE, PROTECT, PRESERVE AND ADVANCE ALL OR ANY ASPECTS OF THE HEALTH OF THE PUBLIC; AND (C) TO ADVANCE AND PROMOTE KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION IN MEDICINE INCLUDING BY ENGAGING IN AND SUPPORTING MEDICAL RESEARCH (AND THE DISSEMINATION OF THE USEFUL RESULTS).
Governing documentMEMORANDUM AND ARTICLES INCORPORATED 23 JAN 2015 AS AMENDED BY CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION ON CHANGE OF NAME DATED 23 OCT 2017
Other namesBch Charity
Conflicts of interest
Land And Property
This charity owns and/or leases land or property.
- 10 Trustees
- 4 Employees
- 300 Volunteers
|Trustee||Other trusteeships||Charity status|
|Dr Peter Weller||The Give A Child Health Charitable Trust||Up-to-date|
|Paul John Faulkner||Birmingham Sport And Physical Activity Trust||Up-to-date|
|Professor Jonathan Tritter Dphil||None on record|
|Christina Michalos||None on record|
|Mr Rob Nagra||None on record|
|Keith Martin Jecks||None on record|
|Jeremy Roper||None on record|
|Ruth Lester||None on record|
|Professor Sir Bruce Edward Keogh||The Ex Fide Fiducia Trust||Recently registered|
|Lady Sarah-Jane Nicholson||None on record|
Areas of operation
List of regions
- Throughout England And Wales